Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The author is a student at Columbia University or has graduated within the last two years.
- We accept submissions related to Jewish academia, although we give preference to articles which directly engage with scholarly texts.
- You must be the article’s first author.
- You must have completed the paper while matriculated within a university (whether a two or four-year institution).
- Your paper must contain an abstract and must follow the guidelines above regarding the inclusion of Jewish-related ideas; this includes Hebrew or Aramaic words, religious concepts, or biblical texts.
- We will not accept papers that have been published before in any other journal. If one is interested in publishing their article in another academic setting, one must personally seek out the Iggrot Ha’ari board.
- You may submit no more than two articles per issue, but only one article can be published in print in a single issue by a given author.
- If your paper is not selected for publication, you may resubmit it for publication in later issues (provided it has not been published elsewhere in the interim).
- Papers should be submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Papers should be no longer than 25 double spaced pages in length.
- Papers should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- Papers must be written in English.
- Papers should not contain any images or graphics, unless deemed necessary. Reach out to email@example.com for approval.
Section default policy
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.