Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submitted article ranges in length from 18 to 30 pages (roughly 3500 to 9000 words). Book reviews range from roughly 2000 to 3500 words.
- Article submission includes an abstract of no more than 250 words. Abstracts are not required for book reviews.
- All submitted files are in Microsoft Word.
- The text is double-spaced, uses Times New Roman 12-point font, and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Figures and examples are high resolution [3000 dpi] TIFF files.
- Please use Chicago (author-date) style for in-text citations (cf. The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition); in other words, the reference should be made in normal typeface (surname and date only; not bold, italic or capitals) in the text itself, immediately following the point or quotation to which they refer. If the text already cites the author's name, only the date and, if required, the page number is given. Use a comma to separate the page number from the year of publication: (Author 2004, 1).
- The author has obtained permission in writing to quote from music or poetry under copyright and has included a copy of the permissions file with the submitted manuscript.
- The author’s name does not appear on the typescript.
- Read the Author Agreement. The author(s) agree(s) to the terms of this Author Agreement, which will apply to this submission if and when it is published by this journal (comments to the editor can be added below).
The author grants to the Journal the authority to publish the article as an Open Access article distributed under the terms of Creative Commons “Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives” license (CC BY-NC-ND).
Please reach the journal editors with any questions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.