Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file (.doc or .docx) format.
- The submission is no longer than 8,000 words (including notes, appendices, tables, and references).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text has had the authors’ names removed. If an author is cited, “Author” and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author’s name, paper title, etc. The author’s name has also been removed from the document’s Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- Submission follows APA format (http://www.apastyle.org)
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.