Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines according to manuscript type (Original Research, Review, Field Notes, Perspectives).
See here: https://journals.library.columbia.edu/index.php/jgh/authorguidelines
- The manuscript text is in Microsoft Word. The text is double-spaced and uses a 12-point font. There are continuous line numbers on the lefthand side of the Word document.
- The manuscript uses in-text citations that follow APA format.
- There is a completed conflicts of ICJME Conflicts of Interest form. The form can be found in "Author Guidelines" under "Conflicts of Interest Disclosure."
- Figures and tables are in a single PDF file with legends below each figure or table and cited within the main text in numerical order. Authors should submit only one figure per page.
- Supplementary materials, if any, may be published within this section and should be submitted as a single PDF file. Note that supplementary materials will not be copy-edited or typeset and will published as is.
References are listed sequentially in standard format starting on a separate page after the manuscript. See "Author Guidelines" for more details on citations.
Authors are held responsible for the accuracy of their references. References should be checked before the submission of the manuscript.