Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submissions for the 22nd Volume of the Columbia Social Work Review are now OPEN. You will be notified on the selection status of your article at the beginning of February 2024.
- Has your submission been previously published? (Previously published work cannot be accepted.)
- Is the submission file in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF document file format?
- Does your article have a title?
- Under "Submit As" on the submission page, the submitter will check "Author."
- Have you cited all sources and included a reference list, in accordance with APA 7th Edition?
- If your piece is being published in the journal (rather than The Amsterdam), does it have an abstract included in the document to be submitted?
- If your article was previously submitted for a different purpose (e.g a class project), have you appropriately adapted it so that it follows the conventions of academic publishing (whether long-form journal writing or short-form academic blog writing)?
Are you submitting your article during the designated submission window?
Journal submissions: November 11, 2023 - December 31, 2023
The Amsterdam submissions: Not Applicable
- If you encounter any difficulties creating an account, please email your submission to email@example.com and we will submit the article on your behalf.