Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submissions for the 19th Volume of the Columbia Social Work Review are now CLOSED. You will be notified on the selection status of your article at the beginning of February 2021.
- Has your submission been previously published? (Previously published work cannot be accepted.)
- Is the submission file in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF document file format?
- Does your article have a title?
- Under "Submit As" on the submission page, the submitter will check "Author."
- Have you cited all sources and included a reference list, in accordance with APA 7th Edition?
- If your piece is being published in the journal (rather than The Amsterdam), does it have an abstract included in the document to be submitted?
- If your article was previously submitted for a different purpose (e.g a class project), have you appropriately adapted it so that it follows the conventions of academic publishing (whether long-form journal writing or short-form academic blog writing)?
Are you submitting your article during the designated submission window?
Journal submissions: November 1, 2020 - January 7, 2021
The Amsterdam submissions: Not Applicable