Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The author assures that the manuscript is an original work that has not been submitted to or previously appeared in any other publication.
- The author has disclosed any previous presentation of the underlying research/manuscript on the title page.
- The author accepts full responsibility for the accuracy of all content, including findings, citations, quotations, and references contained within the manuscript.
The author assures that all authors have contributed substantially to the research or manuscript
according to the the guidelines in the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (http://www.icmje.org/about-icmje/faqs/icmje-recommendations/). All co-authors will be asked to confirm authorship.
- The author discloses in the methods section that approval was obtained by the committee on research ethics at the institution in which the research was conducted in accordance with the Declaration of the World Medical Association (www.wma.net) and that any informed consent from human subjects was obtained as required. A copy of the IRB approval should be attached to the submission.
- The author has prepared the submission in the format required as described in detailed in Author Guidelines (link).
- The author discloses any conflicts of interest related to the research or the manuscript.
- The author attaches documents showing all relevant permissions to publish quotations, text, tables, or illustrations from copyrighted sources as well as patient photos or videos.
- The author's submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The author provides URLs for the references, where available.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- I have indicated my choice of Open or Double-Blind peer review below.