Call for Papers - Special Issue: Human Rights in Comparative and International Education
For the 2024 special issue, CICE invites authors to reflect on the past, present, and future of human rights in the field of CIE. The special issue asks:
- What is the legacy of human rights in ClE and how is this legacy shaping the focus of research and education reform today?
- To what extent does the UDHR represent the particular context of 1948 and how can human rights education be critically reconsidered today to address contemporary societal challenges?
- What perspectives do Indigenous and postcolonial epistemologies and theories bring to human rights education within the contexts of globalization, nationalism, and current socio-political realities?
- How have different motivations for and conceptualizations of human rights operated at the levels of policy, curriculum, and pedagogy?
- How should human rights education be reimagined and recreated to meet the needs of current and future generations?
While not exhaustive, these questions animate the conversation of CICE's 2024 Special Issue. We welcome submissions from teachers, administrators, professors, graduate students, policy-makers, and education specialists from governmental and non-governmental organizations. Submissions are not restricted to scholars in the field of ClE and those from other disciplines are welcome to submit papers relevant to this call.
DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2024
Please read the submission guidelines and make your submission at: https://cice.library.columbia.edu
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.More…